General Information - Information about weather and topography at Corbett National Park:
Altitude of Corbett National Park:1143 meters above sea level
Annual rainfall Corbett National Park:1000-2800 mm.
Temperature range Corbett National Park: 4C in winter to 42C during summer.
How to reach Jim Corbett national park: Jim Corbett national park is well connected by road and train services from the major cities. One can reach here by train from New-Delhi and at the same time there is regular bus services from Jaipur, Agra, Dehradun, Rishikesh, Haridwar apart from - Delhi, Lucknow and other major cities.
Road Travel to Jim Corbett national park: How to reach corbett national park from Delhi by Road - Hapur by pass - Gajraula - Moradabad by-pass - From this point, where Moradabad by-pass terminates, take "U" turn to left towards Moradabad city, travel 2 km, then take right turn - Kashipur - Corbett (Ramnagar) ( 270 KM )
How to reach corbett national park from Chandigarh / Ambala -70- Ponta Sahib -49- Dehradun -46- Rishikesh -25- Haridwar -56- Najibabad -71- Kashipur -30- Corbett ( 347 KM )
How to reach corbett national park from Lucknow- Bareilly-Moradabad -Kashipur - Ramnagar -Corbett(400 KM)
How to reach corbett national park from Nainital - Kaladunghi - Ramnagar - Corbett ( 70 KM )
How to reach corbett national park from Ranikhet - Bhatronjkhan-Machod-Corbett ( 100 KM )
TRAIN TRAVEL to corbett national park:The last and nearest railway station for Corbett National park is located 12 kms from Ramnagar, the last railhead for this part of the Kumaon Himalayan foothills. The most convenient rail connection (www.indianrail.gov.in) to jim corbett national park is:
Delhi Ė Ramnagar: 5013 Ranikhet Express DEP Old Delhi Railway Station 2245 hrs; ARR Ramnagar Railway Station 0500 hrs.
Ramnagar Ė Delhi: 5014 Ranikhet Express DEP Ramnagar Railway Station 2115 hrs; ARR Old Delhi Railway Station 0500 hrs. The II AC compartment of this train is very comfortable.
Corbett National Park from Agra, your options are, How to reach corbett national park from Agra :
Mathura Ė Lal Kuan: 5311 Kumaon Express DEP Mathura Junction Railway Station 2315 hrs; ARR Lal Kuan Railway Station 0845 hrs.
Lal Kuan Ė Mathura: 5312 Kumaon Express DEP Lal Kuan Railway Station 1900 hrs; ARR DEP Mathura Junction Railway Station 0425 hrs. Mathura is 58 kms from Agra. Lal Kuan is 75 kms from Camp. Both trains mentioned above operate on all days of the week. Station transfers from Ramnagar Railway Station or Lal Kuan Railway Station to Corbett Park and vice versa can be arranged on request.
What to wear in Corbett National Park -Clothing: The clothes you should carry with you to Corbett Park are totally opposite depending on the season in which you are visiting it. The summers are blisteringly hot and don't expect any let up while you are there. You should expect unrelenting heat day after day if you are there between the months of April and June. With temperatures soaring between 30 and 39 degrees centigrade most of the day, even the lightest of T-shirts feel like warm jackets. Take along your lightest clothes in the summers with the definite inclusion of a cap and dark glasses. In the winter months, specially November to beginning February, the weather is just the opposite.
Morning drives into the park are freezing cold and how many ever layers you wear sometimes feel insufficient. The days however are extremely pleasant and a light sweatshirt can more than suffice. Evenings and night once again get very chilly. Carrying along a pair of gloves and a muffler is advisable. For those who intend to take photographs in the wee hours of the morning without pressing all the wrong buttons on their cameras, take along a pair of gloves that are thin yet warm and provide for sufficient movement of the hands.
* Wear clothes in shades of brown and green, as they are less disturbing to the environment
* Avoid wearing perfumes and do not smoke in restricted areas.
* Comfortable walking shoes are appropriate than the fashionable ones
* For winter travel heavy woolens are a must especially for open jeep safaris. Cottons are apt for summer months
Best Time to Visit Corbett Park: Seasons: There are three well defined seasons -
Winter: October to March: Days are clear and pleasant; nights are cold. Great time for bird watching and mountain views.
Summer: April to June: Hot days with cool nights. Ideal time for sighting animals, especially elephants.
Monsoons: July to September: Humid days and pleasant nights. Great time for walks, trekking and rafting on the Kosi river. September is good for observing flora.
Tips for Travelers- When visiting the Corbett National Park:
- Follow the rules, for e.g., do not walk around if you are not permitted to do so
- Wear clothes in shades of brown and green as they are less disturbing to the environment
- Avoid wearing perfumes and do not smoke in restricted areas.
- Animals are extremely weary of the human voice. Donít make noise, donít play music and please donít honk car horn.
- Carry Personal medication and insect repellent
- Carry Binoculars, Cameras, film rolls and Flashlight along with books and other reading material
- Donít leave behind any litter and plastic bags are big hazards for animals
- Comfortable walking shoes are appropriate than the fashionable ones
- For winter travel heavy woolens are a must especially for open jeep safaris. Cottons are apt for summer months
- Rain Gear is essential for the monsoons and
- Find about the habits of the animal you want to see to avoid disappointment.